MQSeries is an IBM software family whose components are used to tie together other software applications so that they can work together. This type of application is often known as business integration software or middleware. MQSeries consists of three products:
- MQSeries Messaging, which provides the communication mechanism between applications on different platforms
- MQSeries Integrator,which centralizes and applies business operations rules
- MQSeries Workflow, which enables the capture, visualization, and automation of business processes
The point of business integration is to connect different computer systems, diverse geographical locations, and dissimilar IT infrastructures so that a seamless operation can be run. IBM’s MQSeries supplies communications between applications, or between users and a set of applications on dissimilar systems. It has grown in popularity as applications are made available over the Internet because of its support of over 35 platforms and its ability to integrate disparate automation systems.
An additional helpful feature is that its messaging scheme requires the application that receives the the message to confirm receipt. If no confirmation materializes, the message is re-sent by the MQSeries.
IBM asserts that MQSeries can connect any two commercial systems that are in current business use.
Configurazione di sistema:
1) PC datamart con client MQ (sistema di trasmissione tramite file descriptor):
ha istanza di oracle con database MQM (ISPOOL, OSPOOL, JOBTRIGGER) dove gira applicativo di comunicazione (MQ);
2) PC con server MQ (API MQ: aprire coda per mettere dentro dati, aprire coda per sapere cosa sto facendo)
destinazione nell’header, coda va al brooker (hub mq);